Chair Introductions

Hello delegates! My vice chairs and I are super excited to meet you all, but before we do in March, we wanted to introduce ourselves to you. Below you'll meet me, Dennis, Claire, and Jacqueline, your chairs for BMUN 66. 

Jane, head chair: 



Hi everyone! My name is Jane, and I am your head chair this year for OAS. I’m super excited to meet you all and learn more about your passions and your interests. I am a junior at UC Berkeley, studying Political Science, with other academic interests in Rhetoric and Spanish. I love Grey’s Anatomy (I’ve watched seasons 1-13, 3 times through and am currently going through it again for the 4th; no shame) and am obsessed with memorizing the genius lyrics of Hamilton. I try to swim every once in a while but would rather sleep whenever I have free time. I’m super excited for conference this year, as MUN is an amazing way for so many brilliant and creative minds to come together and have insightful debates and conversations about the world’s most pressing international relations issues. My vice chairs and I are here as your resource and are super excited to meet you all in the Spring. Good luck preparing for committee, and I will see you all in a few months!

Dennis, vice chair:





Hello! I am Dennis Takeshita, one of your vice chairs this year for la Organización de los Estados Americanos. This is my third year at UC Berkeley, and my second year working in the Spanish bilingual committee. I am originally from Hacienda Heights, California, and I started the MUN program at my high school. It was a great experience, and it is one of the main reasons I decided to join BMUN. I am a political science and history double major with emphases on international relations and US foreign policy. Unfortunately, I will not be able to be with you all at conference this year because I will be studying abroad Sciences Po University in Paris, France. However, I will try to be present in various capacities, and I hope you will all thoroughly learn and grow during your time at BMUN 66. Adios, au revoir, buena suerte a todos!


Claire, vice chair:


Hello delegates! My name is Claire Black, and I am very excited to be your vice chair in OAS. This is my first year at UC Berkeley, but I was born and raised in Laguna Beach, California. I am an intended political science major with a minor in conservation and resource studies. In my spare time I love to read, spend time outdoors, dance, and listen to music. I wanted to join BMUN because I feel deeply indebted to my own high school MUN experience. Participating in conferences helped me expand my knowledge of international relations, gain confidence in public speaking, and cooperate with others. I sincerely hope that every delegate finds BMUN to be an enriching and rewarding experience.


Jacqueline, vice chair:


Hello there! My name is Jacqueline Arteaga and this is my first year at UC Berkeley as well as my first year participating in a MUN conference. I am from Garden Grove/Santa Ana, California. My high school lacked a MUN program for which reason I was left yearning for the MUN experience and the knowledge of international affairs with peers as equally interested as me. Needless to say, my short time in BMUN has certainly taught me a lot. I am an intended political science and Spanish double major. In my spare time, I like to write poetry, watch Saturday Night Live skits as well as historical dramas, and listen to Hamilton among other musicals (and Coldplay!). I am truly excited to be one of your vice chairs for OAS and I hope you enjoy the conference.

Comments